“You are a key ingredient of our best memories of our wedding. It was epic. And you have friends for life.”
Here, you will find a beautiful wooded setting for your ceremony and/or reception that guests frequently call “magic.” Towering trees, huge rhododendrons, pristine creeks, woods, a bamboo forest…all in one convenient and easy to access location. You, your family and friends can relax, celebrate, meet, or visit best in a natural setting that is comfortable, relaxed and fun!
An uncommon outdoor venue
- Private and secluded-feeling, yet very convenient to I-40 and Black Mountain, just 12 miles east of Asheville.
- Outdoor ceremonies and receptions with some covered and indoor possibilities.
- Several scene changes to keep the event exciting!
- Choice of several ceremony sites, all convenient to entertainment areas.
- Very photogenic forested venue with lots of beautiful photography locations.
- Big bonfire pit with attendant, marshmallow-roasting forks…s’mores, anyone?
- Acres of natural beauty including two pristine mountain creeks.
- Ideal for destination weddings–lots of decor and props are included.
- A cozy home-like setting that is deal for family bonding. The opposite of a vanilla ballroom.
- Nearly 3,000 sq. ft. of covered furnished screen porches to relax on.
- NO all-inclusive packages means you have more choice for vendors and control of the budget.
- For weddings of up to around 150 guests with use of a shuttle service.
- No surcharges, penalties, commissions, corkage fees, or hidden charges.
- Both a wildlife preserve and private home. Relax–yours is the only wedding for the week.
Comments about Black Mountain Sanctuary
“We obviously had a great time as well and you were truly incredible to work with. Thanks so much for everything you did…Your home/venue really shines in a lot of these pictures and I hope they bring many more happy couples your way!”
“It is difficult to find the right words to thank you for everything that you did to make our wedding day not only possible, but MAGICAL!!! I mean, you really put it over the top with that trained butterfly during our ceremony! There is really no wonder we fell in love with Black Mountain Sanctuary from the moment we saw it…the property is an act of love from an amazing man that we are so thankful we have in our lives now. Hands down the best gift we got for our wedding was our friendship with you.”
“I just wanted to thank you again for everything you did for our wedding; I couldn’t have asked for more. My family continues to comment on how lovely your place was and how wonderful you were.”
“We had a wonderful experience–John is extremely helpful through the entire process. He was accessible via phone or email and readily answered my questions. My guests said things like “I have never seen a more beautiful wedding” and “you picked the most beautiful place imaginable.”
A Natural Palette for Your Dream Wedding
Couples create magical celebrations and lasting memories for friends and family in this beautiful and convenient setting. Watch a video slideshow of past weddings.
Brenda & Scott’s Tiki-Themed Wedding
What could be more fun than a Tiki-themed wedding in the mountains of Western North Carolina near Asheville?